Wednesday, February 27, 2013

For the love of books : Letters From Yellowstone

I finished reading Letters From Yellowstone this past week and I really enjoyed the novel because the  main female character reminded me of Louisa May Alcotts' Jo because both are strong willed, adventurous and artistically gifted. The premise of Letters From Yellowstone is a group of  scientists are cataloging the plant diversity located with in the nations first National Park during tumultuous time in the parks history. The story is told through the out going mail sent from the various members of the exploration to either family members or other scientists. The idea of living within the boundaries of Yellowstone and being able to freely walking about the new park identifying, cataloging and illustrating every specimen of flora or fauna I stumble upon really got my heart beating! I adore every inch of land and grain of dirt located within the boarders of YNP as do most people who have ever traveled to the park. I believe Yellowstone is one of the most magical places in the United States. (Take that Disneyland!) You can veiw previous For the love of books here and here.
Book // Sage illustration //  Purse // Shirt // Skirt // Ring // Shoes // Scarf // Watercolor Kit

1 comment:

  1. I will have to read that book! Nick and I want to go to Yellowstone!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to add your own eloquent voice to this topic! I try to return each response I get as soon as possible but If you are interested in a faster response feel free to tweet me at @Eloquent_stones. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...