Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Easy Lime Ricky Ice Cream Recipe

I Bought my dad a Rival two quart ice cream maker for Christmas and have since become the official ice cream maker of the house. We, well mostly my parents, have eaten about five batches of the same easy chocolate ice cream recipe for a few weeks now. I was looking for equally easy recipes to switch it up a bit in the freezer when I found this soda flavored ice cream recipe. That recipe intrigued me but my limited knowledge of ice cream told me that the called for ingredients wouldn't provide an a satisfying  ice cream texture so I combined the easy chocolate ice cream recipe and idea of soda. The hybrid recipe I created is scrumptious!! The full recipe can be found after the jump.


Easy Lime Ricky Ice Cream Recipe: 
  • 1 cup milk (any will work really but I used 1%)
  • 1 3/4 cups Lime Ricky Flavored Soda 
  • 1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1/2 cup frozen cool whip
Mix together ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into the ice cream maker and let mix for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes remove the gel canister and let thicken in the freezer for no more than 30 minutes. Scoop, serve and eat. The flavor of this recipe can be easily changed by swapping out the Lime Ricky soda for another but it should be relatively easy to locate seeing as I purchased it in the middle of nowhere northern Utah. Let me know what you think and please take a minute to check out the blog that inspired all this frozen goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to add your own eloquent voice to this topic! I try to return each response I get as soon as possible but If you are interested in a faster response feel free to tweet me at @Eloquent_stones. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...