Friday, September 23, 2011

Thats a wrap!

Hey y'all! I am here today to bring to your attention a DIY wrapping project for everyones inspirational pleasures. I, like many of you, am a college student which means I am never prepared when special occasions come up which is a direct result of living in a tiny dorm and having ZERO storage space. Sooo....Thursday when I met up with my mommy to celebrate her belated birthday I had no idea how I was going to wrap her gift. ACK! After a couple stressed filled moments, I realized that I am an art major and a blogger... I live for crafty challenges like this! So I gathered up the latest edition of the student newspaper, painters tape, scissors, an Exacto knife and a sharpie and unleashed my imagination.
I searched for the most colorful page of the newspaper and  as luck of the draw I found a page that perfectly matched my green tape! I threw this design together in about 10 minutes by cutting out a whole bunch of shapes from the tape with the Xacto knift. I just chose shapes that I thought I would visually enjoy and rearranged every piece about 10 times which is totally OK because the painting tape won't rip the newspaper at all, or at least it didn't ripe in my experience! Warning: the tape will life a small amount of newsprint ink with every move so be aware.
This project really gotten the gears in my brain turning for the upcoming 55 days of Christmas projects...hmmmm! Let me know in the comment section how you might improve upon this idea! Xoxo Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to add your own eloquent voice to this topic! I try to return each response I get as soon as possible but If you are interested in a faster response feel free to tweet me at @Eloquent_stones. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...