Wednesday, February 5, 2014

DIY // Natical Name Necklace

I am excited to share this REALLY easy diy project. (that I photographed last spring.) I originally got the idea for this necklace after I created this Antro inspired diy necklace almost 2 years ago. I love the aesthetic of wooden jewlery because it is often incorporated in unconventional ways. A little background for those of you who may have grown up outside of a maritime community and aren't aware that there is a special maritime alphabet. The alphabet is made of flags and is used to facilitate communication between vessiles or to request help. Your can read more about the alphabet here. I used this alphabet to spell my name out! This is a really preppy and stylish way to incorporate personized jewlery into my wardrobe. This project could be elaborated on in many way by adding or removing flags. I think it would be exciting to spell out acronyms like PTL or even initials of someone special. The neat part of this project is that these wooden flags are made from craft POPSICLE STICKS! Cool, huh?


Supplies needed: Popsicle sticks, hand drill, chalk or pencil to trace out pattern, xacto knife, sandpaper to prevent slivers, paint and jewlery chain. 

I am trying out a new stream lined version on my tutorials because I often don't post projects because the task of typing out an elaborate step by step is overwhelming somedays. So let me know if you have any questions. Please let me know if you end up creating your own natical alphabet name necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to add your own eloquent voice to this topic! I try to return each response I get as soon as possible but If you are interested in a faster response feel free to tweet me at @Eloquent_stones. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...