Thursday, August 18, 2011

What I've read // Charlotte's Web

Charlotte's Web is a classic story that nearly all children know by heart. Oh wait! You don't know it? Well...Pig meets girl. Girl loves pig. Girls Mom gets in the way. Pig goes to farm. Pig meets spider. Spider loves pig. The end. Sorta. 
In my opionion the best part of the whole novel happens right when Chapter six : Summer Days begins  "..The early summer days on a farm are the happiest and fairest days of the year. Lilacs bloom and make the air sweet, and then fade. Apple blossoms come with the lilacs, and the bees visit around amoung the apple trees. the days grow warm and soft. School ends, and children have time to play and fish..." [42] It is such a tiny yet discriptive moment that I must have reread the first chapret 4 or 5 times before moving on.  Charlotte's Web is seriously full of dreamy descriptions of the spring, summmer and fall seasons like the one quoted which have me convinced that this book would be painful to read during any other time of the year other than summa summa summa time. White made me yearn for summer during summer. The author has a gift. Confession time: I saw the movie like 19 years ago, I broke my golden rule at a young age cause I am such a badass! I've noticed that it certainly seems like I break my golden rule of reading a lot. hmmm. Obviously self impossed rules are meant to be broken. 
It's a lot harder to write about a book that is only 184 pages long than I thought it would be. so. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to add your own eloquent voice to this topic! I try to return each response I get as soon as possible but If you are interested in a faster response feel free to tweet me at @Eloquent_stones. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...