Sunday, April 10, 2011

7 on Sunday

















Happy Sunday! I had a great trip to Portland at the Bright Eyes concert this weekend with my family! I am actually driving back to Utah today. I had a heck of a time putting together this week's seven.


1. Music from the Heart
I am not sure why I watched the Country Music Awards this year but this song was the most touching thing I think I have ever seen at an Award Ceremony. At one point during the video you see a young lady crying and it really just touches my heart - what an amazing opportunity to create a life long memory these people where given and in my opinion they are some of the few people who deserve it. I hope all those people on stage felt like rock stars because I certainly think they are! For information read this article.


2. Measuring Tape in Multi fabric from Hawthorne Threads
After spending hours online searching for the perfect material to purchase for the backing of my button headbands I settled on this adorable pattern from Hawthorne Threads  (all the fabrics featured on HT are so adorable and to die for!) only to find out it's out of stock. I feel so sad because the pattern above was exactly what I was looking for. I do have a couple other back up patterns to pick from but my heart really just wants Measuring Tape in Multi. Sigh!
3. Portland
This weekend Sergio and I took a road trip to Portland to meet up with my brother, Justin, and his hilarious girlfriend Maria to attend a Bright Eyes concert on Saturday evening. It was Sergio's first experience with the lovely city of Portland, and so much fun! Image found Via Weheartit but it's originally from this flickr page.
4. The Portland Saturday Market
I love the Saturday Market so much because I am infused with so much inspiration to create when I leave. The best way I can think to describe the market to people who have never been there is to image an offline version of Etsy. If you would like more information on Portland's Saturday Market visit here. Image credit : Crossmark Photography. Link.

5. How much these two photos look a like
I found the image on the left of Anne Hathaway on Weheartit and it reminded me immediately of my all time favorite picture of Twiggy.

6. This Weird hair makes me feel happy.  link.
I found this image and others while Google Image searching blunt bangs, it was just to great too pass up putting it into the line up for this week.

7. My Hair Cut
I was really nervous about getting my hair cut this past thursday, I am not entirely sure why, but I shamelessly walked into the salon with a slue of Zooey D. photos and said "make me look this cool" then I walked out with nice fringe, a couple layers and a feather hair extension! (I am really jazzed about my new blue feather hair extension which can be seen better in the very top image.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to add your own eloquent voice to this topic! I try to return each response I get as soon as possible but If you are interested in a faster response feel free to tweet me at @Eloquent_stones. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...