Friday, December 3, 2010

Ballet


On November 26 my Mom and I went to see the Cache Valley Civic Ballet Companies version of the Nutcracker. I should mention that The Nutcracker is one of my favorite stories, and has been since before I can remember. I've seen the New York ballet company, Chicago ballet company, Moscow ballet company and about 10 other companies preform this specific ballet in my life, with that said it's hard to feel impressed anymore. I mean seriously the Moscow ballet?! Anyone would be hard pressed to find a more talented company. To begin with the Ellen Eccles Theatre is beyond lovely, if you've ever been to the Pabst theatre in Milwaukee Wisconsin it had that same vintage vibe. The theatre has iconic red velvet curtains, and seats, ornate wall carvings and luxurious the balcony seats, that I wish hadn't been sold out because I would have liked to be able to see the theatre in its entirety. Cache Valley Ballet had recently purchased a larger stage tree that 'grows' when the mouse king comes out on stage which is one of the critical details that I judge every nutcracker on. To be honest this ballet was wonderful, I had a great time with my mom.

(My Feet at the Ballet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to add your own eloquent voice to this topic! I try to return each response I get as soon as possible but If you are interested in a faster response feel free to tweet me at @Eloquent_stones. Have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...